The Fund was established in 1939 by a bequest of $2,000 from the Elizabeth W. Newcomb Estate in memory of her husband, Dr. James E. Newcomb, Secretary of the Association (1900-1910) and President (1911).
To preserve and maintain the Archives of the Association
- The income of the Fund shall be used to preserve and maintain the Archives of the Association.
- The principal shall be maintained and may be added to from the annual income.
- Suggestions as to the use of these funds should be included in the Annual Report to the Council of the Historian/Editor.
- The Council shall have sole discretion of the Fund’s use and shall notify the Treasurer when to make expenditures from the Fund.