The Fund was established in 1939 in memory of Dr. James E. Newcomb by a bequest of $504 from the Estate of James E. Newcomb.
To establish an award to be given annually to a Fellow of the Association as a mark of recognition and esteem for services to the Association, or for outstanding contributions and accomplishments in the field of Laryngology and Rhinology.
- A Committee, known as The Newcomb Award Committee, shall be appointed annually by the President. The committee shall submit its recommendation to the Council by a date designated by the Secretary and prior to the Winter Council Meeting.
- The Committee shall consist of Three (3) Fellows, no members of the Council.
- Fellows may suggest candidates for the Award to the Secretary.
- The Committee shall report to the Secretary.
- The Council alone shall make the selection for the award.
- The Award shall be presented at the Annual Banquet.
- Income from the Fund shall be used for expenses connected with the Award.