ALA POST-GRADUATE SYMPOSIUM – 2021
Please plan to join us for our (virtual) annual symposium
Wednesday, April 7th 6PM (CDT)
“Tips for Completing your Trio Thesis: The path to ALA membership”
- Guest Speaker- Dan Deschler MD, Trio Thesis Chair
- Moderator- Jim Daniero MD, PG-ALA Committee Chair
- Q&A with panel of recent ALA Fellows
- President’s Virtual Reception (BYO Cocktails/Mocktails) to follow.
To register, please click on the link,
Following completion of registration, you will receive a link to log in to the webinar.
POST-GRADUATE MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
Proposal: The post-graduate membership committee proposes annually a specific post-grad membership event that is integrated into the ALA/COSM meeting.
Advisors to post graduate membership committee: Dr. Michael M. Johns III, Dr. Lee Akst and Dr. Melin Tan-Geller
Goals for the Post-Graduate Member Committee:
- Foster young physicians in making further advancements in the field of laryngology.
- Encourage a sense of fellowship among the post-grad members
- Develop momentum towards full membership into the ALA
- Encourage maintenance of an elevated level of clinical and scholarly achievement in Laryngology.
- Give practical information to newly trained Laryngologists toward robust clinical and scientific practice
Post-graduate members of the ALA have several opportunities to participate in various initiatives this year. If you’re interested in any of the following, please reach out to the appropriate member of the Post-Grad Member Committee. Some things for you to consider:
- Post-grad / Active member mentorship match – Post-grad members who have been paired with mentors have found this a valuable source of career advice. If interested in this, please e-mail James Daniero (JJD5H@hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu)
- Peer group pairing mentoring –There has been limited participation and interest with this group.
- Breakfast symposium – Each year, the PGM Steering Committee plans this event that brings interesting information specific to our members. We’re always looking for more ideas. If you have any suggestions for topics, please e-mail Jim Daniero (JJD5H@hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu).
- Educational content and materials – With the strong support and guidance of the ALA Council and ALA Educational Advisory Committee (EAC), we’re going to refresh and create educational content (Laryngology Curriculum) as well as patient education materials (Voice Problems) for the ALA website. We are expecting full participation by the PG Members towards this common goal. If interested in writing for this project, please e-mail Karla O’Dell (Karla.ODell@med.usc.edu), Lee Akst (LAKST1@jhmi.edu), Jonathan Bock (firstname.lastname@example.org), Dinesh Chhetri (email@example.com), or Michael Johns (Michael.Johns@med.usc.edu).