Click on the link below for updated information:
Fee: None (RSVP Required)
We ask that you RSVP to Maxine at email@example.com by April 15th so we may ensure a hearty continental breakfast for all, sponsored by the Sustainers Fund.
Previous Symposium Speakers
Carol Bradford, MD
Executive Vice Dean for Academic Affairs, Medical School
Chief Academic Officer, Michigan Medicine
Charles J. Krause, M.D., Collegiate Professor of Otolaryngology
Topic: “Mentors, Sponsors, & Role Models: Why It Matters”
Al Merati, MD
Professor – Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
Division Director – Laryngology
University of Washington
Topic: “Movement toward full membership in the ALA”
POST-GRADUATE MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
Proposal: The post-graduate membership committee proposes annually a specific post-grad membership event that is integrated into the ALA/COSM meeting.
Advisors to post graduate membership committee: Dr. Peak Woo, Dr. Michael M. Johns III, and Dr. Lee Akst.
Goals for the Post-Graduate Member Committee:
- Foster young physicians in making further advancements in the field of laryngology.
- Encourage a sense of fellowship among the post-grad members
- Develop momentum towards full membership into the ALA
- Encourage maintenance of an elevated level of clinical and scholarly achievement in Laryngology.
- Give practical information to newly trained Laryngologists toward robust clinical and scientific practice
Post-graduate members of the ALA have several opportunities to participate in various initiatives this year. If you’re interested in any of the following, please reach out to the appropriate member of the Post-Grad Member Committee. Some things for you to consider:
- Post-grad / Active member mentorship match – Post-grad members who have been paired with mentors have found this a valuable source of career advice. If interested in this, please e-mail Melin Tan-Geller (MTan-Geller@entandallergy.com)
- Peer group pairing mentoring –There are a handful of these groups now, as post-grad members can be a wealth of advice for one another. If you’re interested in joining one of these groups, please e-mail Kimberly Vinson (Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Breakfast symposium – Planning is underway for COSM, and we’re always looking for more ideas. If you have any suggestions for topics, please e-mail Melin Tan-Geller (MTanGeller@entandallergy.com)
- Educational content and materials – With the strong support and guidance of the ALA Council and ALA Educational Advisory Committee (EAC), we’re going to refresh and create educational content (Laryngology Curriculum) as well as patient education materials (Voice Problems) for the ALA website. If we expecting full participation by the PG Members towards this common goal. If interested in writing for this project, please e-mail Lee Akst (LAKST1@jhmi.edu), Jonathan Bock (email@example.com), Dinesh Chhetri (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Michael Johns (Michael.Johns@med.usc.edu).